Cove Properties Ltd. has policies and procedures dealing with the protection of privacy.
Protecting privacy is important to our organization and our employees play an important role in protecting personal information. Our employees are required to adhere to this policy and take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is protected from unauthorized access
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Cove Properties Ltd. has policies and procedures dealing with the protection of privacy. In order to carry out our contractual obligations and to maintain contact with our customers, we require certain personal information about our customers. The personal information we collect may include but is not limited to:. name, address and phone number (home and work), e-mail address and other contact information with respect to a purchaser; the municipal address and legal description of the condominium unit; all information contained in a purchase agreement and any particulars related to the construction of a condominium unit, including plans, specifications, change orders, accounting and payment information, and financial information; and any information about a purchaser that may or may not be recorded in any form. This personal information is collected for the following purposes:
– to process the purchase of a unit and to facilitate contact with a purchaser;
– to open and update a purchaserʼs file;
– to invoice a purchaser for any work, material or services in respect of a unit in accordance with an agreement or by-laws, to process payments in respect of, or to collect unpaid accounts;
– financial information may be collected in order to make arrangements for the payment of the purchase price of a unit, including any changes or extras thereto;
– to send a person information or materials in respect of a unit, a project and/or Cove from time to time; and
– to send investment opportunity or marketing materials to potential purchasers in respect of projects being constructed by Cove.
We only collect personal information from you if we have your consent to collect information about you from somewhere else or are permitted by law to collect it without your consent.
We only use your personal information for the purposes outlined above. If we need to use your personal information for any other purpose we will contact you and obtain your consent prior to that use. We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
– our banks, in order to obtain financing for our projects;
– warranty protection companies, in order to enlist the units and projects in warranty programs;
– to our suppliers, in order to complete the finishings in a unit as required by a purchaser and us; and
– a condominium corporation, in order to ensure a purchaser is properly recorded on their books and records. We do not disclose your personal information for any other purposes. You have the right to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time.
If you wish to withdraw your consent, or have any questions about withdrawing your consent, please feel free to contact us.
Business contact information is not protected by this policy. This type of information is not considered to be personal information and so can be collected, used and disclosed without consent. Business contact information includes things like your name, business address, business phone number and business e-mail address when acting as a representative of your employer.
Protecting privacy is important to our organization and our employees play an important role in protecting personal information. Our employees are required to adhere to this policy and take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is protected from unauthorized access.